[CentOS] looking for a tool to convert my running system into a installation dvd

Lange, Markus M.Lange at dnb.de
Tue Feb 5 07:41:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

probably you are looking for Anacondas kickstart feature.
A kickstart installation can be used to install all your packages and
provide basic system configuration. It is possible, but not meant to be
used as, to even configure the system as you have it currently running
using post-install scripts. [1] seems to be a quite good resource to
get started with kickstart installations.

This is meant to be used if you plan a roll-out on multiple (many)
machines where an manual installation is not applicable (in this case
some kind of configuration management should be used to keep track of
the configurations deployed).
If you just want a single (or just some few) system(s) as hole clone of
your system (including full configuration), backup and restore seems
better.

best regards
Markus Lange

[1] https://people.centos.org/jperrin/Kickstart2.html