[CentOS] C7 basic install, HATE

mark

m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Feb 14 20:47:47 UTC 2019

I've got an old server, that I'm *trying* to rebuild from C6. Our regular
key, with the kickstarts, etc, simply won't boot. Just a blank screen, and
it never goes anywhere.

So I'm trying to build it from a year-old regular installer.

100% of the time, the graphical screen is screwed. Resolution's so big
that I cannot see the right-hand 10% or 15% of the screen. There doesn't
seem to be any way that I've found yet to make it higher res, so I can
read it.

It's *not* the monitor's fault. It is an ancient Matrox video card... but
I would have thought the VESA driver could handle it.

Any suggestions?

        mark