[CentOS] Question about updates

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Sun Feb 17 22:54:21 UTC 2019

> Hallo.
> thanks to all for the answers.
> One aspect is unclear for me. Updates are published using the update-
> directory like the one in my question?

Yes, there is a "base" repo which is what is used as a fresh install
for that particular version of CentOS. The "updates" repo contains the
updated packages.

The two repos go together: "base" gives a fixed reference point for the
version, "updates" builds on it.  You normally need both.

As others have said, you really shouldn't be looking to alter what was
installed by the installer unless you really know what you are doing.

What is the background to the question you are asking - why does it
matter?

P.