[CentOS] time to say good-bye to win 7 / printer is the last blocker

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Feb 22 13:37:05 UTC 2019

On 22/02/2019 10:21, Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 07:12 +0100, Ralf Prengel wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> the laptop of my wife is the last Win7 system in my network.
>> My question:
>> I need a well supported printer (MFC) with network interface, if possible with colour printing.
>>

> I know this is a bit controversial since they are a bit Marmite in
> nature, but I use HP devices.  They are well supported using the most
> recent hplip package - that also provides a scan to desktop
> functionality, but I tend to use the sane packages because they better
> suit how I work.
>
> P.

Same here .. using HP officejet Pro 6960 on all the CentOS 7 nodes here .
The only potential issue (what I had to do for that model) is that I
needed to grab the newer hplip packages from upstream
(https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing), as the one
from base repo was too old to support that model

Everything works, including scanning through the network (xsane, or
simplescan which does its job)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab