[CentOS] Centos 7.6 & ether-wake

eliezer at ngtech.co.il eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Feb 26 00:14:35 UTC 2019

Can you be more specific about the hardware?
I have a setup of DELL desktop, DELL Server SuperMicro Server and couple
other devices.
I am using from a cgi script the next on one server to wake the other:
/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/ether-wake "XY::XY" -b && echo 1

All of my servers have Intel PRO 1Gbit ethernet nics(2,4,1.. ports per
machine).

To make the Desktop wakeup I had to do the next:
- Reset the bios settings to default
- Reconfigure the bios to allow remote wake up
- Disable couple Power related special sleep settings(on the desktop)
- Make sure that the switch can handle 10Mbps connection (since most of
these nics stay at low power and low speed waiting for WOL packets).

Works for me on at-least three machines with CentOS 7.6
# lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Release:        7.6.1810
Codename:       Core

Let me know if you need some help,