[CentOS] Problem with mdadm, raid1 and automatically adds any disk to raid

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:24:44 UTC 2019

On 2/24/19 9:01 PM, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> I tried to delete the MDX, I removed the disks by failing them, then removing each array md0, md1 and md2.
> I also did
>
>    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=512 seek=$(($(blockdev --getsz /dev/sdX)-1024)) count=1024

Clearing the initial sectors doesn't do anything to clear the data in
the partitions.  They don't become blank just because you remove them.

Partition your drives, and then use "wipefs -a /dev/sd{b,c}{1,2,3}"

> I do NOT WANT this to happen, it creates the same "SHIT" (the incorrect array) over and over again (systemd frustration).

What makes you think this has *anything* to do with systemd? Bitching
about systemd every time you hit a problem isn't helpful.  Don't.