[CentOS] gpg?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:31:00 UTC 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 19:39, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> I just wanted to set up to send an encrypted message, so I went to generate a
> public/private key pair using gpg on C 6.
>
> Version 2.0.14, copyright 2009?
>
> Isn't there something newer than 10 years old?

Well CentOS-6 is nearing 8 years old.. and gpg is a core tool which
isn't going to get a lot of updates which might break RPM and other
tools which rely on the version that was done in 2009. So the versions
are going to be old. If you need some sort of newer feature you need
to compile a version for yourself in /usr/local or use a newer EL

>         mark

Stephen J Smoogen.