[CentOS] Performing post-installation setup tasks - for 75 minutes

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 18:47:27 UTC 2019

On Thursday 28 February 2019 18:25:52 mark wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I'm doing a new install, and everything seems to have gone fine apart
> > from the incredible amount of time it's taken.
> >
> > It does have 6 x  4TB drives in RAID6 and I am installing from a USB DVD
> > drive as I had no SATA ports left, but this is getting rediculous.
> >
> > I chose a simple install (the one above file and print server) and added
> > Postgresql but that was about it.
> >

> > It took over 5 hours to do the install and at 16:50 it changed to
> >

> > Performing post-installation setup tasks.  That was 85 minutes ago.  The
> > HDD
> > light keeps flashing, but other than that (and the circle swirling) there
> > doesn't seem to be any activity.
> >
> > Is this normal and can I check to see if it is actually doing something?
>
> That is seriously excessive, esp. since even if selinux is relabelling
> everything, it's a new system.
>
> <ctrl-alt-F2> and see what journal or messages or dmesg have to say.
>
>       mark

dmesg has given lots of audit entries,

avc: denied {read}

denied open and syslog reads etc too.  Bot if I repeatedly run dmesg I don't
get new entries appearing.

/var/log/messages is empty

journalctl shows lots of

systemd: 'cannot add depenency job for unit......' and
kernel:  type=1400 audit avc: denied

the denied entries are for getattr, execute, read, open, execute_no_trans, and
setrlimit