[CentOS] amanda broken pipe

Sat Feb 16 21:14:45 UTC 2019
Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky at internet-xs.de>

Hello,

we are using amanda for backup with 2 tape libraries. Last days we made
CentOS 7 update to

CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

Includes from base repository:
amanda-client-3.3.3-21.el7.x86_64
amanda-server-3.3.3-21.el7.x86_64
amanda-3.3.3-21.el7.x86_64
amanda-libs-3.3.3-21.el7.x86_64

deleted: version 3.3.3-17

Before the update (= version 3.3.3-17) we run to configs in parallel
without any problem.

After the update: the first startet config: OK
The second started config: broken pipe. The information in the amanda Mail:

The next 3 tapes Amanda expects to use are: am503, am518, am519.
The next 2 new tapes already labelled are: am511, am514
FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Request to ph04.panama.int failed: error sending REQ:
write error to: Broken pipe

Same problem with amcheck if one amanda config is running:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check --------------------------------
WARNING: ph04.panama.int: selfcheck request failed: error sending REQ:
write error to: Broken pipe Client check: 1 host checked in 0.050
seconds. 1 problem found. (brought to you by Amanda 3.3.3)

Any ideas or have I to go back to former version?

--
Viele Grüße
Helmut Drodofsky

Internet XS Service GmbH