[CentOS] looking for a tool to convert my running system into a installation dvd

Mon Feb 4 17:06:42 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 2/4/19 8:44 AM, Ralf Prengel wrote:
> I m looking for a tool to convert my running system into a installation dvd.

"Installing" a copy of a running system on another computer is more like
a backup and restore than it is like an installation, so you're probably
best off looking in the backup category of tools.

I would recommend clonezilla.  Boot the clonezilla distro, and capture
an image of your system onto whatever media you want to use.  You might
image it on to a removable hard drive and later write those files to a
DVD.  Later you can boot the clonezilla distro again and restore the
image that you captured in order to "install" the system.