[CentOS] DNSSEC Questions

Thu Feb 14 02:13:37 UTC 2019
Paul R. Ganci <ganci at nurdog.com>

On 2/13/19 3:51 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> I see you are using algorithm 7 - I would recommend switching to
> either algorithm 13 or at least to 8.
>
> Algorithm 7 uses a SHA1 hash.
>
> See https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update-04
>
> That's a draft but soon will be an update to the standard.
>
> Algorithm 13 (ECDSAP256SHA256) results in much smaller keys and
> signatures and is equivalent to about RSA-3072 in strength, and it
> uses a SHA-256 hash.
>
> However note that changing algorithms will result in validation
> failure for few days unless done carefully.

Okay thanks. What ever problems it might cause I think the Alaskan
Malamute Assistance League can deal with for a day or two. Seeing as I
already caused a problem last weekend I see no reason not to repeat this
weekend! But at least I can give some warning :)

> As long as you don't change your KSK that information will not change.

I kind of figured this out on my own this morning when I woke up around
7AM MST. I guess I wanted to turn a mole hill into a mountain. Thank you
so much for your help Alice.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208