[CentOS] dont run cron.d- when cron.daily-scripts are running

Thu Feb 14 03:24:35 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 2/13/19 3:29 AM, Leon Fauster via CentOS wrote:
>> Am 12.02.2019 um 17:02 schrieb Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>:
>>
>> */5 * * * *   root pidof -x run-parts || your-command-here
> Thats a nice solution! Pragmatic and more accurate than the path I was on. Thanks!

I should have noted that this will avoid starting your scripts if
run-parts is running, but it won't prevent run-parts from starting while
your script runs.  If that's important, then you'll have to modify both
your cron jobs and the system crontabs that start run-parts, and use a
lock of one sort or another.