[CentOS] Restarting nfs-server using systemctl resulted in error

Tue Feb 26 01:18:47 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 2/25/19 3:18 AM, Nurdiyana Ali wrote:
> I am having strange issues with NFS server on CentOS 7.2.

(Obligatory: "7.2" means you haven't applied patches in a very long
time, and probably have a large number of security vulnerabilities on
this system as well as bugs you're likely to hit and then ask about
here.  Please update for your sake and ours)

> [root at hostname ~]# systemctl restart nfs-server
>
> ** (pkttyagent:20603): WARNING **: Unable to register authentication agent:
> Timeout was reached

I think that's the sort of thing you'd see if you updated the dbus
packages.  You'd need to restart the dbus service, which will break some
things.  You're better off rebooting this time, if a dbus update is the
cause.