[CentOS] HPlip Mark Roth/Jon LaBadie .

Wed Feb 27 15:16:11 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Ger van Dijck wrote:

> The problems with HPlip goes on and on : I can not manage to establish a
> connection on WiFi with the HP4620 : I can print to the printer but not
> scan . Running hp-check results in cups is not running, hplip is not
> properly (HP) installed , xsane is not installed etc.. But I can assure
> you all this software is properly installed : Hp-check cannot detect the
> scanfunction on the HP4620. When running on USB cable all runs fine !
>
> Maybe Bug 1683312 from Zdenek Dohnal (Red Hat) could be helpfull : I
> reported this bug .
>
> Hp does not support Unix/Linux applications ! Are they really so stupid
> to think that the world excist by MS and all other users do not need
> support:
> Arrogance or stupidity ?

The inheritance of Carly. I was on the phone yesterday to HP - we just
bought this $$$$ printer, and it's under warranty. The engineer I spoke
with told me he'd been there since '99, and he could tell me how to
dissassemble and rebuild this brand new poster printer in his sleep. He
does not, however, know software.... When I mentioned that HP has support
in '12 for Macs - I was hoping to get the .ppd from the Mac package, as we
had for the z3200ps in '12 - he told me they'd gotten rid of the Mac
support team.

Yes: no software support.

     mark