[CentOS] CentOS 7.6 1810 vs. VirtualBox : bug with keyboard layout selection

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Jan 4 15:27:20 UTC 2019

Le 04/01/2019 à 15:55, Jonathan Billings a écrit :
> After some thought, it makes sense to use VirtualBox for teaching,
> since many people will probably start testing Linux using VirtualBox
> on Windows or macOS.  Too bad the kernel bugs will prevent CentOS
> 7.6.1810 from being useful there.

It's not that bad a problem. It only causes a problem with the installer
when folks use a different keyboard layout than the default one. So the
workaround is to use the default keyboard layout during installation,
and then define a custom keyboard after the initial reboot using
loadkeys and localectl, if folks need this (which is rare).

As for the rest, I'm only running it in multi-user.target mode for my
Linux trainings. On the desktop, I'm running OpenSUSE Leap with KDE, and
most of my students either have Windows 10 or Mac OS, with the odd
Kubuntu or Linux Mint exception.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat