[CentOS] Upgrade CentOS 7.4 to 7.5 and don't want to upgrade it to 7.6

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Mon Jan 7 10:49:31 UTC 2019

> Is there a way to upgrade from Centos Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
> to Centos Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core) as we will not avail support if we
> upgrade it to CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) as per the software
> requirements of the product. I look forward to hearing from you.

Not if you use the default mirror list.

The easiest and most sustainable way of doing it is to create your own
local mirror of CentOS and point your .repo files at that. You can then
decide exactly what is available to your host as upgrades.

If you don't want to do that then you need point your .repo files at a
single *nearby* host and adjust the baseurl to replace '$releasever'
with '7.5.1804'.

But remember that the 7.5.1804 tree will no longer receive *any*
updates, so this really can not be recommended for any machine.

P.