[CentOS] upg. CentOS 7.5 to 7.6: unable to mount smb shares - samba NT domain member using ldap

Miroslav Geisselreiter mg at intar.cz
Mon Jan 7 11:36:12 UTC 2019

Dne 5.1.2019 v 0:46 Gordon Messmer napsal(a):
> On 1/3/19 11:46 PM, Miroslav Geisselreiter wrote:
>>
>> Previously I deleted all files from /var/lib/samba, than set ldap
>> admin password:
>> smbpasswd -W
>> Than I re-join DC, it did not help.
>

> Shame.  I'm not really sure what else to try, beyond my previous
> suggestion that it doesn't make sense to be both a domain member and
> use an ldap passdb backend.
>
> Try reverting the configuration file to the last known-good state.
> Leave the domain.  Change "security = user".  I'd expect that your
> system would work without any interactions with the DC.

I found some solution which solve only part of my problem and is not
very "clean".

When I run winbind with these options client which are member of my
NT4DOMAIN are now able to mout smb shares from NT4MEMBER server:

# winbindd -i -d 3 -S -n --option="netbios name"=NT4DOMAIN
--option="ntlm auth"=yes

option "netbios name"=NT4DOMAIN overwrites this option from smb.conf:
"netbios name"=NT4MEMBER

Nenertheless I am not able to mount smb shares from clients which are
not members of NT4DOMAIN.