[CentOS] Upgrade CentOS 7.4 to 7.5 and don't want to upgrade it to 7.6

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Jan 7 18:44:40 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 03:59:00PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Thanks Fabian for the quick response. I understand it completely about the
> security compliance requirements. I will use the below commands to keep all
> the security patches up to date.
>
> #yum list-security --security
> #yum update --security

Its worth mentioning again that the above will not do anything to
install security updates in CentOS using the CentOS mirrors.  Those
repositories don't provide the security metadata, so the above is
essentially a no-op.

> Is there a way to upgrade from Centos Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
> to Centos Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core) as we will not avail support if we
> upgrade it to CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) as per the software
> requirements of the product. I look forward to hearing from you.

Since you're using a commercial product, perhaps you should invest in
RHEL 7.  You can get 7.5.z repositories that will get security updates
(as well as metadata that make 'yum update --security' do what you
want).