[CentOS] Curl spec file

Roee Agami ragami at bluecedar.com
Thu Jan 24 16:51:40 UTC 2019

Please excuse me for not being specific.

The change I want to make is pretty simple:
Use a spec file to create an RPM for curl 7.63 with the following options applied at 'configure': '--with-ssl' and '--without-nss'.

I am currently trying to figure out which patches needs to be applied to 7.63 for centos.
According to this: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/releases.html there are no known vulnerabilities to 7.63, so perhaps I don’t need any patches?
On the other hand, the Fedora spec file for 7.63 lists a few upstream patches and a few Fedora patches, so I'm a little confused by that.

Any tips on that?
Roee.

On 1/24/19, 11:19 AM, "CentOS on behalf of Phil Wyett" <centos-bounces at centos.org on behalf of philwyett at kathenas.org> wrote:

    On Thu, 2019-01-24 at 15:40 +0000, Roee Agami wrote:
    > Thanks! I can try to modify that for my needs.
    > Any idea where can I find a list of patches? I'll look for centos specific
    > ones that I might want to apply.
    > The spec file you shared has a few upstream patches as well as Fedora specific
    > ones. I wonder does one knows which patches should be applied to each release,
    > do they publish it somewhere?
    >
    > Roee.

    Hi,

    You are being less than specific about the changes you want to make and this
    makes it very difficult for anyone to help. If you can be more specific of your
    needs, it would be appreciated.

    The fedora (recent) curl packages require newer RPM revisions than RHEL/CentOS 7
    has. Be prepared for some work if you wished to pluck from fedora and build for
    EL.

    Example of one is use of: RemovePathPostfixes

    Regards

    Phil

    - --
    *** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

    Playing the game for the games sake.

    IRC: kathenas

    Web: https://kathenas.org

    Github: https://github.com/kathenas

    GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

    Instagram: kathenasorg

    Twitter: kathenasorg

    GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77