[CentOS] C7, firewalld and rich rules

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:13:31 UTC 2019

On 1/30/19 10:05 PM, Simon Matter via CentOS wrote:
> Did you look at Shorewall? IMHO that's what is best used in such
> situations and it works since many years now.

shorewall doesn't support nftables, which is largely the point of
firewalld:  The Linux firewall system is currently undergoing yet
another deprecation and migration from iptables to nftables. firewalld
should remain stable during the migration process.  As far as I know,
there are no plans to support nftables under shorewall, so new users
will most likely throw away any investment they make in learning and
implementing shorewall.