[CentOS] C7, firewalld and rich rules

Wed Jan 30 20:40:08 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Hi, again, folks,

   I'm trying to convert a number of iptables rules to firewalld rich
rules. I need to do this, because this is, in fact, a firewall, to
protect access to servers with sensitive data. It will limit access to
the servers behind it to a specific network, and nobody else, and allow
only certain services through.

   What I've been trying to find is a script/program that converts the
output of iptables-save to something I can feed to firewall-cmd.
Anyone have a link to such?

   I admit this is annoying. Why is it, when some New Kewl thing is
introduced, it *always* expects you to start anew, rather than giving
you a tool to convert what you had. I ran into this 15 years ago,
trying to put an existing website into bricolage (early CMS), and here
I am, trying to do this.

   Anyway, any links would be appreciated.

        mark