[CentOS] CentOS 7.6 1810 vs. VirtualBox : bug with keyboard layout selection

Fri Jan 4 08:42:55 UTC 2019
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 04/01/2019 à 09:14, Akemi Yagi a écrit :
> There are known issues with VirtualBox and RHEL (therefore CentOS) 7.6.
>
> (1) https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90103
> (2) https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90267
>
> (1) is about the GuestAdditions, so this should not affect the
> installation. But you were most likely hit by (2). All the details are
> in that forum thread. In short, this is caused by a bug in the 7.6
> kernel (see also https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=15570 ). It is
> possible that the next update to the kernel has the fix but this
> remains to be seen.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Looks like this is it.

<rant> And I'm glad to begin chapter 2 of my Introduction To Linux with
something like "Well, folks, unfortunately you can't select a custom
keyboard layout in VirtualBox because the enterprise class Linux we
talked about in chapter 1 has a bug in the kernel so for now the default
keyboard layout will have to be sufficient.</rant>

:o)

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr