[CentOS] Docker on Centos 7

Fri Jan 4 13:22:50 UTC 2019
Daniel Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>

On 1/3/19 10:19 PM, H wrote:
> I recently updated docker to version 18.09 and I seem to have lost the container id in the command prompt when I exec into a running container, a very useful feature in the previous version I was running. I have not found any information in the Docker General Forum.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

Most likely you had hostname set in the bash prompt.  By default
containers run with the hostname=containerid.

# podman run -v /usr/bin/hostname:/usr/bin/hostname -ti fedora hostname
3ac978bc84be

|PS1="\h$ " Should give you what you want # podman run -ti fedora sh
sh-4.4# PS1="\h# " 9007d2f699fb# exit # But I think this would need to
be added to the .bashrc or .bash_profile inside of the container image
you are running. |