[CentOS] upg. CentOS 7.5 to 7.6: unable to mount smb shares - samba NT domain member using ldap

Fri Jan 4 23:46:34 UTC 2019
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 1/3/19 11:46 PM, Miroslav Geisselreiter wrote:

> Previously I deleted all files from /var/lib/samba, than set ldap
> admin password:
> smbpasswd -W
> Than I re-join DC, it did not help.

Shame.  I'm not really sure what else to try, beyond my previous
suggestion that it doesn't make sense to be both a domain member and use
an ldap passdb backend.

Try reverting the configuration file to the last known-good state.
Leave the domain.  Change "security = user".  I'd expect that your
system would work without any interactions with the DC.