[CentOS] how to set proxy systemwide (wget and docker)

Sat Jan 5 19:28:31 UTC 2019
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 09:28, Ralf Prengel <ralf.prengel at rprengel.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
> what is the right way to set a proxy systemwide using centos 7?
> I need this for wget and docker.
> My first idea was /etc/environment but allthough the proxy is set wget and docker don‘ t connect to their target-systems.

How are you doing it in /etc/environment? And how is the process
calling wget and docker getting initiated? The data in
/etc/environment should be set if the process is in a PAM aware
environment, but I would expect that there may be ways where you could
not get it set. The other place to put it would be in
/etc/profile.d/proxy.sh and /etc/profile.d/proxy.<fill in here> but
that would require also the shells sourcing those files not to clear
out their environment variables or to make sure they  source
/etc/profile.d when starting up.