[CentOS] Inconsistent NIS Client Behavior w/ Centos 7.6

Wed Jan 16 16:52:14 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 04:26:49PM +0000, Capehart, William J wrote:
> I am totally at a loss here.  I cannot see the difference in what I
> did on the machines that work and the machines that do not work.
>
> Is there any test that I am missing or are there any files or
> setting where the culprit(s) on the errant machines may be?

Do you have the SELinux boolean 'nis_enabled' turned on?

# setsebool -P nis_enabled 1

That should be required for NIS logins to work, I believe.

Check out if there are other SElinux AVCs, by trying to log in and
then run:

# ausearch -m avc -ts recent

This will show any AVCs on the system from the past 5 minutes.
Replace 'recent' with 'today' to show all from today.