[CentOS] SElinux AVC signull

Fri Jan 18 18:20:31 UTC 2019
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 18.01.2019 um 16:17 schrieb Sean <smalder73 at gmail.com>:

> I don't have access to a CentOS 6.10 system handy, but it looks like a
> policy issue.  If I take you're ausearch output and pipe it to
> audit2allow on my CentOS 7.6 system, I get the following:
>
> #============= httpd_t ==============
>
> #!!!! This avc is allowed in the current policy
> allow httpd_t httpd_sys_script_t:process signull;

Hi Sean, thanks to crosscheck this under EL7.

As showed under EL6 its denied:

# grep signull /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m test

module test 1.0;

require {
	type httpd_t;
	type httpd_sys_script_t;
	class process signull;
}

allow httpd_t httpd_sys_script_t:process signull;

but this brings some insights. It seems therefore to be a allowable policy
as it is already allowed under el7. I even found a related changelog entry
in the newer EL7 package:

# rpm -qp --changelog selinux-policy-targeted-3.13.1-229.el7.noarch.rpm |egrep 'signul.*apache script'
- Allow httpd to send signull to apache script domains and don't audit leaks

So, this let me build and load a custom module with confidence. Thanks!