[CentOS] how to activate the network after an installation

Mon Jan 21 14:47:14 UTC 2019
Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel at aixigo.de>

Hi Ralf,

On 1/21/19 11:39 AM, Ralf Prengel wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I can t find the switch to activate the network after an installation without gui.
> service network start doesn t work and I don t find any other commands.

If the setuptool package is not installed, then I would suggest to
use ip or ifconfig to temporarily assign a network configuration.
Then use yum to install the setuptool package.

Use "setup" to configure network devices, directory services and
runtime services in your favorite terminal window.

Good luck
Harri