[CentOS] Centos 7 and backup solution

Sun Jan 27 17:13:44 UTC 2019
J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com>

On 27/01/2019 16:59, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Sunday, January 27, 2019 12:22 PM +0000 J Martin Rushton via CentOS
> <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> Backups on or by the computer might protect you from disk failures, but
>> are useless in case of fire or theft.
>
> With ransomware and rarely-used files, it's also important to have
> generations of backups, in case an infection clobbers your recent
> backups of  files before you detect the infection.

Yes, and not on the same disk!  I have three USB disks, each of which is
capable of holding half a dozen backups.  Disk 1 has slots 11-19, disk 2
21-29 and disk 3 31-39.  Backups are done in theory to 11, 21, 31, 12,
22, 32 ..., though in practice I may dump extra backups on the same disk
if I'm doing configuration or upgrade work.

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS