[CentOS] Anyone with RedHat Subscription?

Tue Jul 2 13:54:54 UTC 2019
Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net>

On 02/07/2019 14:35, Scott Silverman wrote:
> Their "resolution" is: Update to RHEL 7 to get the more recent ethtool
> output format.
>
> You should be able to build a newer ethtool from source (or depending on
> your NIC manufacturer, they may supply a tool with more recent features.
> Solarflare, for example, provides 'sfctool', basically new ethtool features
> for old kernels).

I was a bit economical with the situation in full in my original post.

This system is using third-party repo's, i.e. neither Centos / RedHat,
although it is clearly based on Centos. The repo's do not have any
development tool-chains, so we would have to put together another
system, build ethtool on that, create an rpm and then invalidate the
third-parties warranty by installing it on the production system.

I think we'll just boot into diagnostic mode and see what we can discern
from there.