[CentOS] Was, Re: raid 5 install, is ZFS

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jul 1 15:44:32 UTC 2019

Speaking of ZFS, got a weird one: we were testing ZFS (ok, it was on
Ubuntu, but that shouldn't make a difference, I would think). and I've got
a zpool z2. I pulled one drive, to simulate a drive failure, and it
rebuilt with the hot spare. Then I pushed the drive I'd pulled back in...
and it does not look like I've got a hot spare. zpool status shows
config:

	NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	export1      ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2-0   ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sda      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    spare-1  ONLINE       0     0     0
	      sdb    ONLINE       0     0     0
	      sdl    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdc      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdd      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sde      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdf      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdg      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdh      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdi      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdj      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdk      ONLINE       0     0     0
	spares
	  sdl        INUSE     currently in use

Does anyone know what I need to do to make the spare sdl back to being
just  a hot spare?

       mark