[CentOS] HPE ProLiant - support Linux Vendor Firmware Service ?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 1 18:58:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 19:38:29 +0100
lejeczek via CentOS wrote:

> I also a few years ago got Dell's tech support telling me to
> do MS-DOS stuff in order to update BIOS.

So what's wrong with using DOS to update firmware?  DOS is a small and simple program loader that's unlikely to require much in the way of hardware to work and is unlikely to be infected by a virus in today's world.

Would you rather have to boot a mulit-gigabyte image of who-knows-what that does ghawd-knows-what for what should be simple task?