[CentOS] using RedHat binary packages?

hns1 at iinet.net.au hns1 at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 3 08:53:48 UTC 2019

As I understand it the rebuild only removes RedHat copyrighted
artifacts like their name and logo.
This is also why the release notes refer to 'upstream' rather than
RedHat by name (not that I studied it in depth recently)
The only 'poison' here is copyright, which CentOS avoids by removing
these artifacts.That said I am not a lawyer.