[CentOS] Have you run "tuned-adm profile throughput-performance" ?

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:48:45 UTC 2019

On 7/4/19 10:18 PM, Steven Tardy wrote:
> I would also look at power settings in the BIOS and c-state settings in the
> BIOS and OS as disabling c-states (often enabled by default to meet
> green/energy star compliance) can make a noticeable performance difference.

I'd be surprised if it did, but now that you mention it, I think that we
should probably mention more often that CentOS's default performance
policy is power-saving, which will cut maximum performance in half.
Every physical system running CentOS should have run "tuned-adm profile
throughput-performance".

http://jperrin.org/centos/boosting-centos-server-performance/