[CentOS] adding uefi to kickstart CentOS 7

Jerry Geis

jerry.geis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 14:57:18 UTC 2019

I am trying to add an efi partition to my working kickstart file.

bootloader --driveorder=sda --append="rhgb quiet biosdevname=0
net.ifnames=0"
clearpart --all --initlabel
part /     --ondisk=sda --fstype xfs --size=20000 --asprimary
part swap  --ondisk=sda               --size=4000 --asprimary
part /boot/efi  --ondisk=sda --fstype efi --size=1000   --asprimary
part /home --ondisk=sda --fstype xfs --size=1         --asprimary --grow

the line with /boot/efi is the only new item other then "removing"
--location=mbr from the bootloader line.   The install is not working. It
stops on the Installation part with selections 1-8.
I see no errors on screen - but the selection for "Install source" has a
"!" and "error setting up install source" is there. when I goto another
console and run fdisk -l /dev/sda nothing shows so my partitions are not
getting setup.

What did I miss to setup efi ?
Thanks,

Jerry