[CentOS] adding uefi to kickstart CentOS 7

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Tue Jul 9 15:11:11 UTC 2019

Once upon a time, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> said:
> I am trying to add an efi partition to my working kickstart file.

Rather than try to set the EFI partition, I just put "reqpart" in and
let the installer decide when it needs it (and how to do it).  I still
have "--location=mbr" in the bootloader line and it seems to just do the
right thing.

One other thing - you don't have a /boot - not sure if the installer
still requires that or not.

Here's an example from a KS I just used on an EFI system (I use LVM so
it's somewhat different):

zerombr
clearpart --initlabel --drives=sda
bootloader --location=mbr --boot-drive=sda
reqpart
part /boot --ondisk=sda --asprimary --size=1024 --fstype=xfs
part pv.1 --ondisk=sda --size=3600 --grow
volgroup centos pv.1
logvol / --vgname=centos --name=root --fstype=xfs --size=1536 --grow
logvol swap --vgname=centos --name=swap --size=2048

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>