[CentOS] Script to Check 7.x Hardware Compatibility?

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Fri Jul 12 15:37:24 UTC 2019

On 7/12/19 8:43 AM, Tim Evans wrote:
> I have a vague recollection--from several years back--there was once a
> script out there that could be run on a CentOS 6.x system to test its
> hardware compatibility for CentOS 7. (Not talking about a script to
> actually do any upgrade; just check a system's hardware.)
>
> Does anyone remember this? Remember the details?  Thanks.

Replying to myself...

Poking around, I guess I'm referring to the 'preupgrade' tools, which
apparently have been withdrawn:

https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CentOSUpgradeTool

Running 'preupg' on my 6.10 system (Linux kestrel.tkevans.com
2.6.32-754.17.1.el6.x86_64) ends up with some compilation errors and no
results.html output.

Will have to try a 7.x LiveCD to see what's what.
--
Tim Evans			|5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864			|Owings Mills, MD 21117