[CentOS] bcachefs-tools

Mike

1100100 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:45:59 UTC 2019

Hello,

I want to test bachefs file system on CentOS 7.
~$  cat /etc/system-release
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

I'm following the bcachefs howto:  https://bcachefs.org/Howto/.

Having  a problem trying to complete make && make install of the bcache-tools.
After going through all the dependencies and insuring they are
installed on Cent 7, I get the following output on make && make
install:

Package blkid was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `blkid.pc'
No package 'blkid' found
Package uuid was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `uuid.pc'
No package 'uuid' found
Package libsodium was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libsodium.pc'
No package 'libsodium' found
Package libzstd was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libzstd.pc'
No package 'libzstd' found
Makefile:42: *** pkg-config error, command: pkg-config --cflags "blkid
uuid liburcu libsodium zlib liblz4 libzstd".  Stop.

The packages are installed but I'm not certain how to satisfy
pkg-config and place them in the correct path.

The pkg-config man page states -
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
       PKG_CONFIG_PATH
A colon-separated (on Windows, semicolon-separated) list of
directories to search for .pc files.   The  default  directory  will
always  be searched  after  searching the path; the default is
libdir/pkgconfig:datadir/pkgconfig where libdir is the libdir for
pkg-config and datadir is the datadir for pkg-config when it was
installed.

On my installation, the current path seems to be:
~$ pkg-config --variable pc_path pkg-config
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig

~$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
<<produces no output>>

Using locate, I do not find any of these files, so how do I properly
add the packages to the path --
`blkid.pc'
`uuid.pc'
`libsodium.pc'
`libzstd.pc'

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any guidance.

Best,

Mike