[CentOS] Installation question? Net-install Ger van Dijck.

Ger van Dijck ger.vandijck at edpnet.be
Wed Jul 31 16:08:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 21:48:02 +0200, Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 13:24 -0400, John Chludzinski wrote:
>> I've been doing a CentOS 7.6.1810 net-install since last night. The
>> machine
>> seems ok but has been stuck with "performing post-installation setup
>> tasks"
>> for hours. This is an old Dell T5400 box, so it isn't blazing fast but
>>
>> Is there a way to pull up its skirt (so to speak) and check/monitor the
>> installation activity while installing it? Having already started the
>> installation?
>>
> Yes, there are shells running on the alternative consoles, so if you
> are doing a GUI install then do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the text console
> - that console is the one running the install and may have some error
> messages. Do Alt-F2 from there to get to a shell prompt with root
> privileges, Alt-F3 for the anaconda log, Alt-F4 for the storage log,
> Alt-F5 for other log messages and Alt-F6 to get back to the GUI
> install.
>
> P.
>
> Hi,

I tried a long time ago to install Centos 7 on an Acer 2000 (32 Bits) with
Net-install , loaded down a CD : The instructions are very clear : But I
never had any succes or a result . I know it is a very old PC with 1 GB
memory , I use it with , maybe you do not believe it  with an application
of SCO Unix 5.05 ( self build CAD application written in C) . The gag is
the bootloader recognects SCO .

Is there out ther some one who can help or advise ?

Kind regards ,

Ger van Dijck .