[CentOS] Alternative to laptop

Wed Jul 10 06:52:24 UTC 2019
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I am considering buying a small, and therefore easily portable, computer as an alternative to the laptop I already have. Obviously it would not have battery, a screen, nor a keyboard etc. but more or less be an easily portable computing unit to move between offices where a keyboard and monitor(s) could then be connected. I want to run CentOS 7, later CentOS 8.

The smaller, the better, however, there are certain key features I would like to have:

- HDMI for 2 monitors

- USB for keyboard

- 2 extra USB for eg external harddisk etc.

- both wifi and at least Gb Ethernet cable connector

Probably at least 16 Gb of memory, capability to drive two high-resolution monitors and whatever else might be nice such as SSD of at least 256 Gb.

Size wise it would be nice if it were no larger than a "book", whatever size that might be.

Does anyone use something like the above, or know of a computer meeting the above criteria?