[CentOS] Performance issues/difference of two servers running same task (one is quicker)

Sat Jul 6 14:26:31 UTC 2019
Roberto Ragusa <mail at robertoragusa.it>

On 7/6/19 2:52 AM, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

> The biggest DB is the Online Training DB, which are the same on both machine
> as I constantly copy the data from the life server to the DIY.

Could you try the same operations on COPIES of the databases, on both machines?
An original live DB can be slower than a copy, because of data structure
fragmentation, garbage collections etc. (on the filesystem, but also in tables)

Just a thought about another thing to try, since we have established that
the production hardware is indeed faster.

Regards.

    Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it