[CentOS] how to increase DNS reliability?

Thu Jul 25 19:11:59 UTC 2019
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

hw wrote:
> On 7/25/19 4:07 PM, Giles Coochey wrote:
<snip>
>> Sounds like you're performing maintenance on your servers
>>

>> (a) too often
>> (b) during office / peak hours
>>

> I can't help it when the primary name server goes down because the UPS
> fails the self test and tells the server it has 2 minutes or so left in
> wich case the server figures it needs to shut down.  I wanted better UPSs
<snip>
Change that. Are you using apcupsd? You can set the config from
SHUTDOWN=/sbin/shutdown to /bin/false. Then, the next time you see the
UPS, change the battery. If it's just started to complain, it's not dead
yet!

Works for me with all of our mostly APC SmartUPS 3000 rackmounts.

       mark