[CentOS] how to increase DNS reliability?

Thu Jul 25 19:39:28 UTC 2019
John Pierce <jhn.pierce at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:32 AM hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> I can't help it when the primary name server goes down because the UPS
> fails
> the self test and tells the server it has 2 minutes or so left in wich case
> the server figures it needs to shut down.  I wanted better UPSs ...

critical infrastructure servers should have redudant PSUs, on seperate UPSs.

my last rack builds, I had 2 Eaton PowerWare 7KVA 4U UPS's in the bottom of
each rack.  one fed the left side PDUs, the other fed the right side PDUs,
and each server had redundant PSU's, one plugged into each PDU.

those Eaton UPS's had hotswappable batteries, too.

--
-john r pierce
  recycling used bits in santa cruz