[CentOS] Installation question?

Tue Jul 30 19:48:02 UTC 2019
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 13:24 -0400, John Chludzinski wrote:
> I've been doing a CentOS 7.6.1810 net-install since last night. The machine
> seems ok but has been stuck with "performing post-installation setup tasks"
> for hours. This is an old Dell T5400 box, so it isn't blazing fast but ...
>
> Is there a way to pull up its skirt (so to speak) and check/monitor the
> installation activity while installing it? Having already started the
> installation?

Yes, there are shells running on the alternative consoles, so if you
are doing a GUI install then do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the text console
- that console is the one running the install and may have some error
messages. Do Alt-F2 from there to get to a shell prompt with root
privileges, Alt-F3 for the anaconda log, Alt-F4 for the storage log,
Alt-F5 for other log messages and Alt-F6 to get back to the GUI
install.

P.