[CentOS] zfs [SOLVED][CONFUSED]

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jun 14 17:52:48 UTC 2019

mark wrote:

>> testing zfs. I'd created a zpoolz2, ran a large backup onto it. Then I
>> pulled one drive (11-drive, one hot spare pool), and it resilvered with
>>  the hot spare.  zpool status -x shows me state: DEGRADED status: One or
>> more devices could not be used because the label is missing or invalid.
>> Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning
>> in a degraded state. action: Replace the device using 'zpool replace'.
>> see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-4J
>> scan: resilvered 1.91T in 29h33m with 0 errors on Tue Jun 11 15:45:59
>> 2019  config:
<snip>>
> Never mind. More googling, with different search terms, showed me that in
>  this case, I had to use zpool online export1 /dev/sdb1.
<snip>
Ok, now, either zpool's confused, or I am. As I said, I did the online,
and now I have this:
	export1      ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2-0   ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sda      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    spare-1  ONLINE       0     0     0
	      sdb    ONLINE       0     0     0
	      sdl    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdc      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdd      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sde      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdf      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdg      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdh      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdi      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdj      ONLINE       0     0     0
	    sdk      ONLINE       0     0     0
	spares
	  sdl        INUSE     currently in use

1. Why is sdl there with sdb under "spare-1", and listed as "online",
while it's listed again under "spares", and "currently in use"? Do I have
to issue another manual command, to tell it to drop it out of the pool,
and let it go back to being *just* a spare?

       mark