[CentOS] Postgrey not working

Phil Perry pperry at elrepo.org
Thu Jun 20 13:08:55 UTC 2019

On 20/06/2019 08:39, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 19/06/2019 à 22:05, Phil Perry a écrit :
>> Try following the Postgrey guide on the Wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postgrey#head-314ceecc5ece27e0f0a4bf1abcd8ee9356cd1a5e
>>

>> Works for me (allowing for the switch to systemd)
>
> I've followed this document, and still no joy.
>
> Niki

So you fixed the following from your original post as per the Postfix guide?

# /etc/sysconfig/postgrey
- POSTGREY_OPTS="--delay=300"
+ POSTGREY_OPTS="--unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --delay=300"

Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf accordingly.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   permit_mynetworks,
   permit_auth_destination,
   permit_sasl_authenticated,
-  check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket,
+  check_policy_service unix:postgrey/socket,
   reject

Also, by placing permit_auth_destination before your
check_policy_service entry, you are allowing all mail that is addressed
to $mydestination, $virtual_alias_domains or $relay_domains to pass so
pretty much everything is being accepted at that point if it's valid
mail for your server. That would explain why nothing ever reaches the
postgrey service, as you've already explicitly allowed it beforehand.

See the Wiki guide on Postfix restrictions for a more normal
construction of smtpd_recipient_restrictions:

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_restrictions

Phil