[CentOS] Alternitives to Firefox...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Jun 26 21:03:10 UTC 2019

> Robert Heller wrote:
> > OK, I recently ugraded to the current ESR release of Firefox for CentOS
> > 6.
> > And I am having problems with the user interface (basically it has become
> > hard [for me] to use).
> >

> > What alternitives are there?  (Chrome and Chromium are not possible with
> > CentOS, and Chrome and Chromium are actually worse).
> >
> What's the problems? I just upgraded last week, and the STUPID MORONS made
> the arrows in the scrollbars go away, had to search and find a gtk config
> file I needed to create.

That is one problem -- I want those arrows back. AND wider scrollbars (if that
is possible -- skinny scrollbars might be fashonable, but are really hard to
use).

Another is the *lack* of a place to *type* a file name when you click a file
upload button. The file upload browser both comes up too tall (taller than my
screen [why?]) and lacks a place to start typing a file name, one *must*
scroll down though (in my case) a long list of files and directories. It seems
that the use of a keyboard is no longer supported. *Some* of us actually use
our keyboards and don't like to point and click *all of the time* (or really
much of the time or really at all). I know, the keyboard is a piece of
depreciated hardware -- we are all supposed to be using touch screens with
only colorful icons -- actually typing file names is so 20th century... :-)

> A month or so ago, they upgraded, and I had to find out that I had to edit
> about:config to change the booleans on signature to false.
>
>     mark

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933