[CentOS] Delta RPMs (drpms) for CentOS-6 and CentOS-7

Pete Biggs

pete at biggs.org.uk
Thu Jun 6 08:06:42 UTC 2019

> We would like to remove delta rpms (drpms) from our CentOS-6 and
> CentOS-7 repositories.

I live on fast connections both at home and work and for me I see no
real advantage to delta RPMs - I've not really measured it, but it
seems like my systems spend more time reconstructing the RPMs than they
ever did downloading things. So it is of no consequence to *me* if they
are done away with.

TBH I think the people you really need to hear from are those for whom
delta RPMs are an distinct advantage - they are the ones who will be
affected.  So far I've only seen responses from people who don't mind
if they are abandoned.

P.