[CentOS] Own CentOS MirrorList

Mon Jun 10 12:35:05 UTC 2019
Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org>

On 10/06/2019 09:10, Daniel Watson wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Apologies in advance for the noise.
>
> I am interested in setting up my OWN mirrorlist  like http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock where it pulls a few local mirrors,  but mine would be statically set with 3 or 4 different location URL's
>
> Basically my plan here is,  if the closest mirror I operate cannot be reached, it will try another mirror from a different geographic location
>
> I was wondering if anybody on-list might be able to provide some insight on how I can accomplish this? And use ?release=  and &arch=  and &repo=  ?

> Cheers

in your centos repo file, add a mirrorlist line pointing to your
mirrorlist file. For example:

mirrorlist=http://my-mirrors.example.com/my-centos-mirrors.el7

and then populate my-centos-mirrors.el7 with your chosen list of mirrors:

$ cat my-centos-mirrors.el7

http://my-mirror.example1.com/centos/el7/$basearch/
http://my-mirror.example2.com/centos/el7/$basearch/
http://my-mirror.example3.com/centos/el7/$basearch/

You _may_ also need to remove the baseurl line too, not sure.

You can probably achieve a similar effect without the mirrorlist plugin
by simply specifying multiple baseurl's. For example:

baseurl=http://my-mirror.example1.com/centos/el7/$basearch/
	http://my-mirror.example2.com/centos/el7/$basearch/
	http://my-mirror.example3.com/centos/el7/$basearch/

Hope that helps.