[CentOS] mirror.centos.org ships non-updated version of bind ?

Tue Jun 11 10:07:35 UTC 2019
Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>

> Okay, some minutes before I post this question - the update was pushed to
> mirror.centos.org and an announcement was published:
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-June/023321.html
>
> But the actually question still remains:
> Which steps are between 'RedHat published an update' and
> 'mirror.centos.org'?
>
> At Fedora there's 'Bodhi' where Users can review/test new updates - and
> give positive karma for working updates. Is there something similar for
> Centos or are updates checked by selected audience?

In contrast to Fedora the updates for CentOS mean mostly rebuild from the
upstream sources. So testing is probably only needed for the correct build
but not for included updates. They were already tested by upstream.

Regards,
Simon